You may use the Sites only for your own noncommercial personal use and in compliance with these Terms. You are responsible for your own communications, including the transmission, uploading or posting of information and are responsible for the consequences of such communications to the Sites. Any other use of the Sites requires the prior written consent of WanderAway. We require all Members to agree not to use the Sites, and specifically prohibit any use of the Sites, for any of the following purposes:
You may not use spiders, robots, data mining techniques or other automated devices or programs to catalog, download or otherwise reproduce, store or distribute content available on the Sites. Further, you may not use any such automated means to manipulate the Sites, such as automating what are otherwise manual or one-off procedures. You may not take any action to interfere with, or disrupt, the Sites or any other user's use of the Sites, including, without limitation, via means of overloading, “flooding”, “mailbombing” or “crashing” the Sites, circumventing security or user authentication measures or attempting to exceed the limited authorization and access granted to you under these Terms. You may not frame portions of the Sites within another web site. You may not resell use of, or access to, the Sites to any third party without our prior written consent.
You agree that additional terms and conditions may apply to specific products, orders or your use of certain portions of the Sites, including with respect to ordering, shipping and return policies, and review guidelines (“Additional Terms”), which Additional Terms are made part of these Terms by reference. If there is a conflict between these Terms and the Additional Terms, the Additional Terms shall control.
WanderAway offers three subscription types: bimonthly subscriptions (“Bimonthly Subscriptions”); prepaid semi-annual subscriptions (“Semiannual Subscriptions”); prepaid annual subscriptions (“Annual Subscriptions”) and prepaid gift subscriptions of one box, six months (3 boxes) or twelve months (6 boxes) (“Gift Subscriptions”).
5A. Box subscriptions 1. Bimonthly Subscriptions By purchasing a bimonthly subscription, you expressly acknowledge and agree that (A) your subscription has an initial and recurring payment feature, WanderAway (or our third party payment processor) is authorized to automatically charge your payment method every two months at the then-current subscription rate for your subscription as long as your subscription continues, and (B) your subscription is continuous and will be automatically extended for successive periods until you cancel it.You may cancel your bimonthly subscription at any time, by logging into your account and cancelling your subscription. The cancellation of a box shipment should be made 5 business days before the your next billing date reflected in your Account Settings. If you cancel your subscription less than 5 business days before your next billing date your cancellation will be taken into account after you have received your box and no refund will be provided. If you cancel, you may use your subscription until the end of your then-current subscription term. WanderAway may submit periodic charges without further authorization from you, until you provide prior notice that you have terminated this authorization or wish to change your payment method. Such notice will not affect charges submitted before WanderAway reasonably could act.In the event you cancel your bimonthly subscription, please note that we may still send you promotional communications about WanderAway, unless you opt out of receiving those communications by following the unsubscribe instructions provided therein.
2. Semiannual Subscriptions By purchasing a semiannual subscription, you expressly acknowledge and agree that (A) your subscription has an initial and recurring payment feature for six months of service, WanderAway (or our third party payment processor) is authorized to automatically charge your payment method for each successive six-month period at the then-current subscription rate for your subscription as long as your subscription continues, and (B) your subscription is continuous and will be automatically extended at the end of the subscription term for successive six-month periods until you cancel it.You may cancel your bimonthly subscription at any time, by logging into your account and cancelling your subscription. The cancellation of a box shipment should be made 5 business days before the your next billing date reflected in your Account Settings. If you cancel your subscription less than 5 business days before your next billing date your cancellation will be taken into account after you have received your box and no refund will be provided. If you cancel, you may use your subscription until the end of your then-current subscription term. WanderAway may submit periodic charges without further authorization from you, until you provide prior notice that you have terminated this authorization or wish to change your payment method. Such notice will not affect charges submitted before WanderAway reasonably could act.If you cancel your semiannual subscription, you will not be eligible for a prorated refund of any portion of the subscription fee paid for the then-current subscription period.In the event you cancel your semiannual subscription, please note that we may still send you promotional communications about WanderAway, unless you opt out of receiving those communications by following the unsubscribe instructions provided therein.
3. Annual subscriptions By purchasing an annual subscription, you expressly acknowledge and agree that (A) your subscription has an initial and recurring payment feature for one year of service, WanderAway (or our third party payment processor) is authorized to automatically charge your payment method for each successive year at the then-current subscription rate for your subscription as long as your subscription continues, and (B) your subscription is continuous and will be automatically extended at the end of the subscription term for successive year until you cancel it.You may cancel your bimonthly subscription at any time, by logging into your account and cancelling your subscription. The cancellation of a box shipment should be made 5 business days before the your next billing date reflected in your Account Settings. If you cancel your subscription less than 5 business days before your next billing date your cancellation will be taken into account after you have received your box and no refund will be provided. If you cancel, you may use your subscription until the end of your then-current subscription term. WanderAway may submit periodic charges without further authorization from you, until you provide prior notice that you have terminated this authorization or wish to change your payment method. Such notice will not affect charges submitted before WanderAway reasonably could act.If you cancel your annual subscription, you will be eligible for a prorated refund of up to four months (2 boxes) of the subscription fee paid for the then-current subscription period.In the event you cancel your annual subscription, please note that we may still send you promotional communications about WanderAway, unless you opt out of receiving those communications by following the unsubscribe instructions provided therein.
5B. Gift Subscriptions For Gift Subscriptions, the subscription will not be renewed after the then-current term expires. You cannot cancel a Gift Subscription and the pre-paid fee is non-refundable.
5.4. WanderAway Shop The WanderAway shop is an online marketplace where you can purchase various travel-related, foodie, and other Products from us. For more information, please visit the Shop. Barring an item that is received damaged, WanderAway will not issue refunds for items purchased in the shop.
5.5. Payment and Billing Information By providing a credit card or other payment method that we accept, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to use the designated payment method and that you authorize us (or our third party payment processor) to charge your payment method for the total amount of your subscription or other purchase (including any applicable taxes and other charges) (collectively, as applicable, an “Order”). If the payment method cannot be verified, is invalid, or is otherwise not acceptable, your Order may be suspended or cancelled. You must resolve any problem we encounter in order to proceed with your Order. In the event you want to change or update payment information associated with your WanderAway account, you can do so at any time by logging into your user portal and updating the information in your account. You acknowledge that the amount billed may vary due to promotional offers, changes to your Box Subscription or changes in applicable taxes or other charges, and you authorize us (or our third party payment processor) to charge your payment method for the corresponding amount.
5.6. Pricing and Availability All prices are shown in U.S. dollars and applicable taxes and other charges, if any, are additional. We reserve the right to adjust prices as we may determine in our sole discretion, at any time and without notice; provided, however, that if we change the amounts or other charges associated with your subscription, we will provide advance notice of such changes. We will not, however, be able to notify you of changes in any applicable taxes. The shipment of a box, as applicable, to you after our delivery of such notice will confirm your acceptance of such changes, unless you cancel your subscription(s) in accordance with the cancellation policies set forth in Section 5.1, as applicable.5.7. Shipping and Handling You agree to pay any shipping and handling charges shown at the time you make a purchase. We reserve the right to increase, decrease, add or eliminate shipping and handling charges from time to time, but we will provide notice of the charges applicable to you before you make your purchase. Generally, shipping is handled by a third party courier. When you purchase a Product from the WanderAway Shop, any shipping times shown on the Sites are estimates only. Actual delivery dates may vary. You agree that you will not obtain, or direct shipment of, a Product for export. All Products purchased from us are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that title to and the risk of loss of such Products passes to you upon our delivery of the Product to the third party courier.
5.7. Deliveries You are responsible for inspecting all Products you receive from us for any damage or other issues upon delivery. For any food items, we recommend that you immediately refrigerate all perishable Products upon delivery and follow the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (“USDA”) instructions on refrigeration and food safety, which can be found here. From the time of delivery, the condition and consumption of food products are solely at your risk, and you are solely responsible for the proper and safe washing, handling, preparation, storage, cooking, use and consumption of the Products following delivery. We recommend that you follow the USDA’s instructions on safe food handling, which can be found here. We also recommend that all cooking instructions be followed and that you use a food thermometer to ensure that all meat, poultry, seafood and other applicable items are cooked to the USDA’s recommended internal temperatures, which can be found here. Failure to follow safe food handling practices and temperature recommendations may increase the risk of foodborne illness. In addition, pregnant women, young children, the elderly and individuals with compromised immune systems should follow the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s recommendations on food consumption for at-risk groups, which can be found here. In the case of inclement weather or other events beyond our control that interfere with our ability to deliver your Order, we will attempt to deliver your Order as soon as reasonably possible. In some cases, delivery may occur prior to the scheduled delivery date.You are not permitted to resell or otherwise use the Products for commercial purposes.
5.8. Returns and Refunds. Returns and refunds will not be accepted unless there is damage beyond that of normal wear and tear from mailing products. If such an issue arises, you may return the Box within ten (10) days of the date you received the Product by contacting [email protected] and following the shipping instructions we supply; provided, that all returned Products must be unused, unopened, in perfect conditions, and in their original packaging. After we receive your returned Box, we will issue you a refund for the price you paid for the Box (less any applicable shipping and handling charges). If you do not comply with the terms of this section, you will be ineligible to receive a refund.
Excluding any content that may be submitted by Members from time to time, we strive to ensure that the information on the Sites is complete and reliable. Certain information may contain pricing errors, typographical errors and other errors or inaccuracies that we may correct without liability. We also reserve the right to limit quantities purchased by subscribers and to revise, suspend, or terminate an event or promotion at any time without notice (including after an order has been submitted and/or acknowledged). We do not guarantee that all products described on our Sites will be available.
You acknowledge and agree that the content (other than content that may be submitted by Members), materials, text, images, videos, graphics, trademarks, logos, button icons, music, software and other elements available on the Sites are the property of WanderAway or our vendors or licensors and are protected by copyright, trademark and/or other proprietary rights and laws. You agree not to sell, license, rent, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit, modify or create derivative works from any content or materials on the Sites. WanderAway and the WanderAway logo are trademarks of WanderAway. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All of our Sites’ content is subject to copyright to the full right and extent as afforded by United States copyright law. All rights reserved. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, no license is granted to you and no rights are conveyed by virtue of accessing or using the Sites. All rights not expressly granted under these Terms are reserved by WanderAway and/or its parent company.
WanderAway values your engagement. When contributing content, please consider the following guidelines:
We reserve the right not to post your content if it contains any of the following types of content or violates other guidelines. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when contributing content, you will not:
In addition, if you wish to share feedback with us about product selection, pricing, ordering, delivery or other customer service issues, please do not submit this feedback through a content submission. Instead, contact us directly via hello[at]wanderawaybox[dot]com.
You assume all responsibility and risk with respect to your use of the Sites. THE SITES, AND ALL CONTENT, MERCHANDISE, AND OTHER INFORMATION ON OR ACCESSIBLE FROM OR THROUGH THIS SITES OR A “LINKED” SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SECURITY OR ACCURACY. SPECIFICALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITATION, WANDERAWAY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT: (1) THE INFORMATION ON THE SITES IS CORRECT, ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; (2) THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED ON THIS SITE OR THE APP WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; OR (3) DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITES OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WanderAway makes no warranties of any kind regarding any non-WanderAway sites to which you may be directed or hyperlinked from this Sites. Hyperlinks are included solely for your convenience, and WanderAway makes no representations or warranties with regard to the accuracy, availability, suitability or safety of information provided in such non-WanderAway sites. WanderAway does not endorse, warrant or guarantee any products or services offered or provided by or on behalf of third parties on the Sites.YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROPER AND SAFE WASHING, HANDLING, PREPARATION, STORAGE, COOKING, USE AND CONSUMPTION OF THE FOOD OR BEVERAGE PRODUCTS YOU RECEIVE FROM US. YOU ARE ALSO SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR KNOWING ABOUT ANY FOOD ALLERGIES YOU MAY HAVE AND VERIFYING THE PRODUCTS AND THEIR CONTENTS BEFORE HANDLING, PREPARING, USING OR CONSUMING SUCH PRODUCTS. FURTHER, YOU UNDERSTAND, ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE STORE, PORTION AND PACKAGE PRODUCTS CONTAINING ALL EIGHT (8) MAJOR U.S. ALLERGENS (MILK, WHEAT, EGG, SOY, FISH, SHELLFISH, PEANUTS AND TREENUTS) AND CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT CROSS-CONTAMINATION WILL NOT OCCUR BETWEEN PRODUCTS.WE ATTEMPT TO DISPLAY THE PRODUCTS AND OTHER MATERIALS AND INFORMATION YOU VIEW ON THE SITES, INCLUDING PRICING AND NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION, AS ACCURATELY AS POSSIBLE. HOWEVER, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OF SUCH MATERIALS AND INFORMATION AND ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CLAIMS ARISING OR RESULTING FROM YOUR RELIANCE THEREON. IN THE EVENT OF AN ERROR ON OUR SITES, IN AN ORDER CONFIRMATION, IN PROCESSING OR DELIVERING AN ORDER OR OTHERWISE, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CORRECT SUCH ERROR AND REVISE YOUR ORDER ACCORDINGLY (INCLUDING CHARGING THE CORRECT PRICE) OR TO CANCEL YOUR ORDER AND ISSUE YOU A REFUND. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT THE PRODUCTS AND OTHER MATERIALS YOU RECEIVE IN YOUR ORDER MAY VARY FROM THE PRODUCTS AND MATERIALS DISPLAYED ON THE SITES DUE TO A NUMBER OF FACTORS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, SYSTEM CAPABILITIES AND CONSTRAINTS OF YOUR COMPUTER, MANUFACTURING PROCESS OR SUPPLY ISSUES, THE AVAILABILITY AND VARIABILITY OF PRODUCTS, DISTINCT COOKING OR OTHER PREPARATION METHODS AND VARIABILITY OF COOKING EQUIPMENT AND APPLIANCES. THE SITES MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION ABOUT PRODUCTS THAT ARE NOT AVAILABLE IN EVERY LOCATION. A REFERENCE TO A PRODUCT ON THE SITES DOES NOT IMPLY OR GUARANTEE THAT IT IS OR WILL BE AVAILABLE IN YOUR LOCATION OR AT THE TIME OF YOUR ORDER.EXCEPT AS MAY BE PROVIDED IN A WARRANTY BY THE MANUFACTURER OF A PRODUCT, ALL PRODUCTS AND THE SITES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WANDERAWAY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AS TO THE SITES, CONTENT AND PRODUCTS, ANY WARRANTIES THAT ARISE FROM TRADE USAGE OR CUSTOM, AND ANY WARRANTIES THAT THE SITES OR PRODUCTS WILL BE FREE AND CLEAR FROM ANY ADVERSE LIEN OR SECURITY INTERESTS.We reserve the right to change any and all Content and to modify, suspend or stop providing access to the Sites (or any features or functionality of the Sites) and the Products at any time without notice and without obligation or liability to you. Reference to any products, services, processes or other information by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier, vendor or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof, or any affiliation therewith, by us. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied terms in contracts with consumers, so some or all of the disclaimers in this section may not apply to you.
10. Taxes Your total price will include the price of the product plus any applicable sales tax; such state and local sales tax is based on the shipping address and the sales tax rate in effect at the time you purchase the product. We will charge tax only in states where the goods sold over the internet is taxable.
12. Limitation of LiabilityIN NO EVENT SHALL WANDERAWAY, ITS PARENT COMPANY, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, SUBSIDIARIES, SUPPLIERS, AFFILIATES, OR THIRD PARTIES PROVIDING INFORMATION ON THE SITES BE LIABLE TO ANY USER OF THE SITES OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, OR LOSS OF USE) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITES, WHETHER BASED UPON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WANDERAWAY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF WANDERAWAY, ITS AFFILIATES OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, SUBSIDIARIES, SUPPLIERS, AFFILIATES OR THIRD PARTIES PROVIDING INFORMATION ON THESE SITES TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THESE SITES, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO WANDERAWAY IN CONNECTION WITH THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY. WanderAway is not liable for any harms inflicted on an individual that may result from the products that are sold on the Sites. You hereby acknowledge that the preceding paragraph shall apply to all content, merchandise and services available through the Sites. Because some states do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages, all of the above disclaimers or exclusions may not apply to all users.
13. International Use We control and operate the Sites from the United States. We make no representation that materials on the Sites are appropriate or available for use outside the United States. If you choose to access this Sites from outside the United States, you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
14. Risk of Loss Any merchandise purchased from our Sites will be shipped by a third party carrier. As a result, title and risk of loss for such merchandise will pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier. Please notify us if you experience any issues with your shipment at [email protected]
15. Copyright Infringement; Notice and Take Down Procedures WanderAway specifically prohibits the posting of any content that violates or infringes the copyright rights and/or other intellectual property rights (including rights of privacy and publicity) of any person or entity. If you believe that any material contained on these Sites infringes your copyright or other intellectual property rights, you should notify us of your copyright infringement claim in accordance with the following procedure. WanderAway will process notices of alleged infringement that it receives and will take appropriate action as required by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). The DMCA requires that notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to the following address or emailed to [email protected]:
11271 Ventura Blvd., #226
Studio City, CA 91604
To be effective, the notification must be in writing and contain the following information (DMCA, 17 U.S.C. §512(c)(3)):
To contact us with any questions or concerns in connection with these Terms or the Sites, or to provide any notice under these Terms, please contact us.
16. User Conduct You agree that you will not violate any law, contract, intellectual property, or other third party right or commit a tort, and that you are solely responsible for your conduct, while accessing or using the Sites. You agree that you will abide by these Terms and will not:
17. Severability If any part of these Terms shall be held or declared to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be ineffective but shall not affect any other part of these Terms, and in such event, such provision shall be changed and interpreted so as to best accomplish the objectives of such unenforceable or invalid provision within the limits of applicable law or applicable court decisions.
18. Waiver; Remedies The failure of WanderAway to partially or fully exercise any rights or the waiver of WanderAway of any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you shall not prevent a subsequent exercise of such right by WanderAway or be deemed a waiver by WanderAway of any subsequent breach by you of the same or any other term of these Terms. The rights and remedies of WanderAway under these Terms and any other applicable agreement between you and WanderAway shall be cumulative, and the exercise of any such right or remedy shall not limit WanderAway’s right to exercise any other right or remedy.
19. Dispute resolution; Arbitration PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING SECTION CAREFULLY BECAUSE IT REQUIRES YOU TO ARBITRATE CERTAIN DISPUTES AND CLAIMS WITH WANDERAWAY AND LIMITS THE MANNER IN WHICH YOU CAN SEEK RELIEF FROM US. 19A. Binding Arbitration Except for any disputes, claims, suits, actions, causes of action, demands or proceedings (collectively, “Disputes”) arising out of or related to a violation of Section 16 or Disputes in which either party seeks to bring an individual action in small claims court or seeks injunctive or other equitable relief for the alleged unlawful use of intellectual property, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademarks, trade names, logos, trade secrets or patents, you and WanderAway agree (a) to waive your and WanderAway’s respective rights to have any and all Disputes arising from or related to these Terms, or the Sites, Content or Products, resolved in a court, and (b) to waive your and WanderAway’s respective rights to a jury trial. Instead, you and WanderAway agree to arbitrate Disputes through binding arbitration (which is the referral of a Dispute to one or more persons charged with reviewing the Dispute and making a final and binding determination to resolve it instead of having the Dispute decided by a judge or jury in court). 19B. No Class Arbitrations, Class Actions or Representative Actions You and WanderAway agree that any Dispute arising out of or related to these Terms or the Sites, Content or Products is personal to you and WanderAway and that such Dispute will be resolved solely through individual arbitration and will not be brought as a class arbitration, class action or any other type of representative proceeding. You and WanderAway agree that there will be no class arbitration or arbitration in which an individual attempts to resolve a Dispute as a representative of another individual or group of individuals. Further, you and WanderAway agree that a Dispute cannot be brought as a class or other type of representative action, whether within or outside of arbitration, or on behalf of any other individual or group of individuals. 19C. Federal Arbitration Act You and WanderAway agree that these Terms affect interstate commerce and that the enforceability of this Section 19 shall be both substantively and procedurally governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1 et seq. (the “FAA”), to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. 19D. Notice; Informal Dispute Resolution You and WanderAway agree that each party will notify the other party in writing of any arbitrable or small claims Dispute within thirty (30) days of the date it arises, so that the parties can attempt in good faith to resolve the Dispute informally. Notice to WanderAway shall be sent by certified mail or courier to WanderAway, Attn: Legal Department, 11271 Ventura Blvd., #226, Studio City, CA 91604. Your notice must include (a) your name, postal address, telephone number, the email address you use or used for your WanderAway account and, if different, an email address at which you can be contacted, (b) a description in reasonable detail of the nature or basis of the Dispute, and (c) the specific relief that you are seeking. Our notice to you will be sent electronically and will include (x) our name, postal address, telephone number and an email address at which we can be contacted with respect to the Dispute, (y) a description in reasonable detail of the nature or basis of the Dispute, and (z) the specific relief that we are seeking. If you and WanderAway cannot agree how to resolve the Dispute within thirty (30) days after the date notice is received by the applicable party, then either you or WanderAway may, as appropriate and in accordance with this Section 19, commence an arbitration proceeding or, to the extent specifically provided for in Section 19A, file a claim in court. 19E. Process Except for Disputes arising out of or related to a violation of Section 16 or Disputes in which either party seeks to bring an individual action in small claims court or seeks injunctive or other equitable relief for the alleged unlawful use of intellectual property, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademarks, trade names, logos, trade secrets or patents, you and WanderAway agree that any Dispute must be commenced or filed by you or WanderAway within one (1) year of the date the Dispute arose, otherwise the underlying claim is permanently barred (which means that you and WanderAway will no longer have the right to assert such claim regarding the Dispute). You and WanderAway agree that (a) any arbitration will occur in the State of California, County of Los Angeles, (b) arbitration will be conducted confidentially by a single arbitrator in accordance with the rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services (“JAMS”), which are hereby incorporated by reference, and (c) that the state or federal courts of the State of California and the United States, respectively, sitting in the State of California, County of Los Angeles, have exclusive jurisdiction over any appeals and the enforcement of an arbitration award. You may also litigate a Dispute in the small claims court located in the county of your billing address if the Dispute meets the requirements to be heard in small claims court and such court falls within the same jurisdiction as detailed above. 19F. Authority of Arbitrator As limited by the FAA, these Terms and the applicable JAMS rules, the arbitrator will have (a) the exclusive authority and jurisdiction to make all procedural and substantive decisions regarding a Dispute, including the determination of whether a Dispute is arbitrable, and (b) the authority to grant any remedy that would otherwise be available in court; provided, however, that the arbitrator does not have the authority to conduct a class arbitration or a representative action, which is prohibited by these Terms. The arbitrator may only conduct an individual arbitration and may not consolidate more than one individual’s claims, preside over any type of class or representative proceeding or preside over any proceeding involving more than one individual. 19G. Rules of JAMS The rules of JAMS and additional information about JAMS are available on the JAMS website. By agreeing to be bound by these Terms, you either (a) acknowledge and agree that you have read and understand the rules of JAMS, or (b) waive your opportunity to read the rules of JAMS and any claim that the rules of JAMS are unfair or should not apply for any reason. 19H. SeverabilityIf any term, clause or provision of this Section 19 is held invalid or unenforceable, it will be so held to the minimum extent required by law, and all other terms, clauses and provisions of this Section 19 will remain valid and enforceable. Further, the waivers set forth in Section 19B. are severable from the other provisions of these Terms and will remain valid and enforceable, except as prohibited by applicable law.
20. Governing Law and Venue These Terms, your access to and use of the Sites and your order, receipt and use of the Products shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without regard to conflict of law rules or principles (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction. Any Dispute between the parties that is not subject to arbitration or cannot be heard in small claims court, shall be resolved in the state or federal courts of the State of California and the United States, respectively, sitting in the State of California, County of Los Angeles.
21. Termination Notwithstanding anything contained in these Terms, we reserve the right, without notice and in our sole discretion, to terminate your right to access or use the Sites and to order, receive and use the Products, at any time and for any or no reason, and you acknowledge and agree that we shall have no liability or obligation to you in such event and that you will not be entitled to a refund of any amounts that you have already paid to us, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
22. Severability If any term, clause or provision of these Terms is held invalid or unenforceable, then that term, clause or provision will be severable from these Terms and will not affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining part of that term, clause or provision, or any other term, clause or provision of these Terms.
23. Survival The following sections will survive the expiration or termination of these Terms and the termination of your WanderAway account: all defined terms, the first paragraph of this agreement, and Sections 25, 5, 6 through 23.
24. Miscellaneous These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and WanderAway relating to your access to and use of the Sites and your order, receipt and use of Products. These Terms, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you without the prior written consent of WanderAway. No waiver of any provision of these Terms will constitute a waiver of such provision in any prior, concurrent or subsequent circumstance, and WanderAway’s failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. Except as otherwise provided herein, these Terms are intended solely for the benefit of the parties and are not intended to confer third party beneficiary rights upon any other person or entity.
Questions: Should you have any questions regarding these Terms you may contact us at [email protected] Last Updated January 2017